Split Jamb Frames for doors can be used in applications where the exact wall thickness can not be determined until the old frame is removed.
In many instances, the replacement of the existing frame with a new frame must be completed in a few hours. Given the approximate variance in the wall thickness, the split jamb can typically be engineered with the adjustability to meet those variances.
- Used in applications where the exact wall thickness cannot be determined until the old frame is removed.
- The frame is made in two halves, similar to a 2-PC slip frame borrowed lite.
- These can be made as a three-sided or four sided frame
- In this case, the Door rabbet and stop are part of one half, sliding over the rabbet of the other half for adjustability.
- Standard Split Frame:
- Can offer about 1″ of adjustment (-1/4″ to + 3/4″ of JW made)
- 6″ Jamb Width can adjust to 5 3/4″ to 6 3/4″ Jamb Width
- 2″ Adjustable Split Frame:
- Can adjust to 1 3/4″ larger than JW made, and 1/4″ less
- 6″ Jamb Width can adjust to 7 3/4″ Jamb Width
Split Jamb Frames are also available in Sidelite configurations.
3-Sided Split Jamb Frames for doors can be UL labeled. This does not apply to Sidelite configurations.